Thursday, March 31, 2011

Brittania Inspired Projects: Netbook case in Kokka's London

I am really excited about the Royal Wedding.

My mum was an Aussie Monarchist (yes, they do exist) and we were required to get up very early to watch both Royal Weddings.  Those times were some of the most special memories I have of my mum.  She also gave us gifts around the Royal Wedding, first day covers, commemorative puzzles, official portrait post cards, etc..

I kept my many special royalty postcards in this scrapbook.  Little peak: On the right is a commemorative Bible from my husband's family of the Fergie-Andrew nuptials.  An official postcard photograph of young William is on the left.
This month, to celebrate the Royal nuptials, I am making a handmade Brittania gifts for my girls and husband. 

This gift is for my husband (who is a Brit).  It is for his netbook. Fabric: Kokka's Trefle London fabric.  You can find it on sale here.  I bought it at Britex in San Francisco and paid much more.  I used the Cottage Mama's tutorial, but I used fusible fleece in addition to a flannel lining {left over from a previous project} -  and because the netbook is slim, I used only one button.  The button is also from London - it's a vintage J.R. Gaunt London uniform button.


I really like the way it turned out.

Happy Crafting and have a lovely weekend,

12 comments:

  1. OH my, I love the way it turned out too!

    My mom was the same. We always got up very early to watch it! And, she always gave me a little gift to keep.

    Happy weekend to you. It is suppose to be beautiful.

    lea
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was in love with Princess Diana and remember every detail of her famous wedding. I have so many hardcover books of the Princess it's almost ridiculous. When the Princess Diana tour was in town recently, I was awe struck. I can't wait to share the upcoming wedding with Emma.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cover turned out wonderfully! I love all the royal memorabilia too. What fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely, KJ. I love the fabric and the button. Your scrapbook is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the fabric, and the project looks very professional!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am excited about the Wedding too!

    The netbook cover is perfect! I love that fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this. So sweet! You should drop by and link up.
    Re: The stash, while I appreciate your admiration, it is out of sheer necessity. Last year I bought/was given/created a stash that was/is bordering on hoarder status and really I needn't by anything (save notions) for a long time. I told myself if I can sew through three (of the fourteen) bins of fabric I have I can make a new deal with myself. (I'm hoping to do a post on it but you know how that is lol...)

    ReplyDelete
  8. KJ this is astounding! Love your post and enjoyed it so much! The fabric along with the button make a truly unique holder/case. I am also excited about the wedding (as I am getting older I am starting to resemble the old ladies who when at a church wedding cry a little and wipe their eyes)and cannot stop thinking how much Diana would have liked her daughter in law!!
    Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This fabric is awesome - and looks great with the plaid. I did not realize that all of this memorabilia existed - what a neat way to share this with your girls. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so ready for another royal wedding. It is so neat that we have been a witness to two generations of royal weddings! My mom let me stay home from school to watch Princess Diana's...Do you think they will let me off from work now, too? Ha!ha!

    I know your husband just loved his surprise...What a great idea!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enjoy the wedding! I'm not a big monarchy fan, but I'll probably watch, too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The fabric is so lovely, isn't it?

    My family and I will be in the UK at the time of the Royal Wedding. However we won't be attending. No, we weren't invited :P We're going to another wedding reception for someone much more famous. Ya, no. My husband's sister got married recently and we're lucky to be able to go celebrate with them. I'm looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!