Sunday, February 6, 2011

Revamp: Dollar Shop Tea Towel Aprons

There are some really cute dish towels at the dollar shop right now.

You can easily add some twill tape and make a quick child's apron


or you can add some bias tape (remember this post about how my pal transformed those Ikea cupcake dishtowels into a stylish apron using I have to say's tutorial?) for this version I just added some 10mm elastic inside the bias tape for the neck strap. I also shortened the tea towel by about 3 inches.




These aprons were used for a little Valentine's baking party. Stay tuned and have a great week!

P.S. there are a number of tutorials out there using dishtowels for half-aprons, the possibilities are endless:  Lipstick and Laundry has a half apron tute or this post on Squidoo has a great round-up.


This post is linked to

10 comments:

  1. So fun! I would love to try this. The little girl is adorable:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How adorable! I can't wait to see what's next in store with your Valentine baking party!

    PS. I posted more felt food tutorials on my blog this morning...cakes & brownies! I'm addicted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant, and soooo much cheaper than buying a shop bought apron for a child!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ingenious! Love those little hearts and contrasting border and all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi! i found you through zakka life, and i'm glad i clicked through! those aprons are adorable, and a valentine's baking party sounds like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What cute aprons...Can't wait to hear about the Valentine's baking party. We are having a neighborhood get-together Friday afternoon, and the kids are decorating cupcakes to look like cupid.

    I can't believe that Jonathan is battling these two things at once! He is getting better. I just hope that the rest of us will stay well.

    Thanks for posting this great craft!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an ingenious bit of upcycling on those aprons! So cool and simple, KJ!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute - love the border on the bottom!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!