Monday, February 21, 2011

Early spring in the Napa Valley

I hope you had a wonderful long weekend.  I just returned home from California.  My sisters and one of our longest, closest friends (another sister in spirit, we grew up on the same street and our families still live on that same sleepy street) met up Napa for a weekend getaway. I have never been away from both my girls and husband for an entire weekend - this was a first.

I saw the promise of spring this weekend.  While the buds on the vines don't break until mid-March, the cherry blossoms, azaleas, cyclamen, magnolia and early lilac were putting on a show.  

IMG_6325
IMG_6347
IMG_6389
IMG_6440

IMG_6470IMG_6471
IMG_6427


IMG_6389
IMG_6338
IMG_6440
IMG_6444
IMG_6473
IMG_6320
IMG_6479
IMG_6443
Have a wonderful week,

9 comments:

  1. Hey KJ thanks for bringing back a bit of spring. Can't believe the cherry blossoms are in full bloom. Love the Napa Valley Pillow pic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos! You just really made me miss California. Napa and Sonoma are so breathtakingly beautiful. I

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos...I actually caught myself inhaling to try to capture the scents!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous photos! I'm so glad you had a lovely time with your sisters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, looks gorgeous. Hope had a fabulous girl weekend.

    Lea
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. What lovely photos. It's just beautiful eye candy right now. This latest storm just dumped another 10 inches of snow. I'm officially ready for spring. Welcome home!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back! I see that you have had a fabulous time! And thank you for the lovely pictures! I really needed to see this- Spring in all its glory!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you had a great time. Oh, I would love to see some of that color here! Welcome back...Can't wait to see your spring crafts!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful pictures, KJ. I hope you had an amazing time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!