Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Celebrating the Boy: Cozy Pullover


Before I take off on a blogging break, I want to give a shout out for Celebrate the Boy coordinated by Made and Made by Rae and other bloggers.




I don't have boys and I loved the project posts from last year's celebration.   Lots of great ideas for any little guy in your life.

Here is my first project post.  I made this pullover for my nephew for Christmas. The pattern is the "Cozy Boy's Pullover" by Jil Cappucio for Stitch Magazine (Fall 2010). {Stitch is my favourite sewing magazine}

Although not technically "reversible", the pattern uses many of the same principles of reversible clothing.  It is full lined, you don't see a single interior seam.  I think it looks great, although I my pattern matching was not perfect.

 
I am taking a little blogging break {visiting my middle sister in San Francisco!}, but I hope to be back next week recharged. This post is linked to
make it wear it

7 comments:

  1. Safe travels. Have a wonderful time with your sister! We'll be celebrating lantern festival on Thursday...the last of the CNY celebrations. I'll look forward to your posts when you are back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable pullover, KJ. Have a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pull over!!! Looks sooo comfy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great time! Safe travels and will wait to har from you next week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a lovely trip to SanFran, KJ! And great pullover, btw Your nephew is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've taken much interest in the boy post series, since I make so little things for my son, but would love to make more! The pullover is fantastic as is your nephew!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I have returned and now you are gone!!! Wishing you a safe, fun, and joyful trip...
    Can't wait to see what fun crafts you come up with for Spring!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!