Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Anda Dress

IMG_6415 

This was a project that I started last summer and only finished for my holiday. It was a Frock by Friday sew-a-long over at Grosgrain.  You can find the pattern over at Burda.  I would or should have finished it long ago, but I made it too large and the shape wasn't working for me.  So I modified the shape slightly.

This is the setting for the "photoshoot." 

IMG_6407

Yup, brown paisley.  I borrowed the Salvatore Ferragamo boots from my sister. I normally wear flip flops and they work equally well.

IMG_6426

IMG_6403

Works with a cardigan. Note to self: get a better slip.


IMG_6399

My next "sewing for mummy" pattern is Built by Wendy Simplicity #3835. Kate over at Harmony and Rosie recently made it and I was completely enchanted.  I picked up the pattern while I was state-side and can't wait to get to work. If this project was any indication, you won't see it until autumn!



16 comments:

  1. REALLY? You made this? Wow, it's fabulous!

    Lea
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it came out great. And look how cute you are! We so rarely see photos of the mamas on these blogs :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving it!!! And I agree, so nice to see your face :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dress is wonderful, KJ. You really look lovely in it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. KJ, your dress is very pretty and so are you! Love that belt too, it's so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great dress, KJ. It looks great on you. The belt looks fantastic with it, and I like the cardigan look, too. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, the dress, the boots, the back drop - all absolutely stunning, KJ you look gorgeous! Thanks for the link, too. You won't take long to make the 3835, believe me it is so quick and I can't wait to see it.

    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know KJ, I've never tried the Anda pattern! And it is such a great pattern!! I like the color and the fabric choices you've made and it looks fantastic (with a belt/ cardi, scarf or a wrap)!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty. I'm always in awe of anyone who can sew. The back drop is just gorgeous. Beautiful pictures. Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. In love with that paisley fabric! It matches the pattern perfectly. This is such a fab dress. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your dress may have been slow to complete, but it turned out well. I like how you're able to get a couple different looks using the belt and cardigan. Well done! Oh, and gorgeous location!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the fabric and the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful place you live at! Giving the the Sound of Music a run for their money with that backdrop! The kids and I just watched that movie the other day. Thanks for the kind words and stopping by my blog! Glad you like the clay art!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful dress. Thank you for sharing. Don't forget to join me Monday for the party.

    http://diyhshp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Marvelous! Excellent work, what a fab dress, a great photo shoot too, you must have had a very attentive photographer...

    ReplyDelete
  16. lovely dress, and I love how you styled it to! Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!