Sunday, January 30, 2011

Valentine's Chair Backer

This weekend, the stars were aligned and naps coincided with a couple of heavenly hours to try out a new-for-me pattern.  I made these chair backers using fourteen may's pattern.

I used cream corduroy and Valentine's fabric for the heart and liner.  When I perfect my cursive embroidery skills, I will stitch the girls' names. {I recently received a copy of Scandinavian Stitches which features a number of projects using stitching and cursive writing, so I am really drawn to that now}.  Sadly, that skill set is not going to be acquired in the next couple of weeks.  So these are our chair backers.  When my husband saw them he asked, what is this - some sort of Valentine's stocking????



Have a great week my friends and be sure to check out all the great projects at,
The DIY Show Off



15 comments:

  1. Oh my lordy! These are A D O R A B L E!

    I would love to have that book of stitches!

    Lea
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so pretty! I love the rick rack around the flap. So sweet! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always in awe anyone who has sewing talents. They are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute, as usual! My boys aren't into Valentines, but I'm going to save this idea anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done - perfect for your girls and complement the chairs to a tee.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow these are so cool and different KJ! Beautiful handiwork, and I like the ric-rac edging in there. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These turned out beautifully, KJ! I'd super interested in seeing what you put into them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Valentine stockings!! Well, that is a good one. Your husband should patent it because it is a fabulous idea and I am not joking! Think of the lovely cards and sweet chocolates the ones hoping to be your valentines but inside (and husband valentines can put little expensive shiny things) ha ... what do you say?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gosh, I rambled so much and forgot to tell you they are adorable and I know the embroidered names will be a fabulous touch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cute! I wish that I had better sewing skills. I may just have to borrow your idea with something already pieced together...My kids would love theirs filled with M&Ms and maybe a book or DVD.
    Have a great week!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute, KJ! I love what your husband said.. that's hilarious! I'm going to check out the pattern right now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so cute. It reminds me of the little valentine holders we used to make in school out of construction paper, only nicer and cuter.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So Cute! Would love for you to add to my Thursday Treasure Party:

    http://thetreasurista.blogspot.com/p/treasuristas-thursday-treasures-come.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a cute idea! I love this... We don't have a mantel, so I may have to do this for Christmas too....

    Please share this over here: http://www.bubblynaturecreations.com/2011/02/project-party-weekend-flavored-lip.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!