Thursday, January 20, 2011

Mittens

It has been really cold this week and mittens have been on my mind.  

I wanted to share with you these wonderful mittens my colleague received from her boyfriend's mother for Christmas.

Aren't they lovely? The pattern is called Tiffany and in my view, absolutely timeless.  You can find the pattern (can you believe for free?!) from Knitty, here.

If you are the non-knitting sort, you also have crafty options - think newsprint.  My sister spotted this idea on Wintertime Activities for Kids which has a number of wintertime crafts.  One of them is a little potato print garland inspired by this post on Two Straight Lines.

If you want a book to accompany the activity, my sister recommends Stephen Kellogg's The Missing Mitten Mystery.



nbsp;
String your mittens together and punch holes and you should end up with something like this.


Easy peasy and looks great.
Keep warm and have a lovely weekend. If you are looking for more crafting with kids ideas check out


10 comments:

  1. Those mittens are amazing! What a sweet gift to receive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I need a different MIL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sister's mitten garland is lovely. We still have our snowflake garland hanging on our fireplace mantle and I think a few mittens might need to be included.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh the numerous hours I spent searching through Knitty, (drooling and wishing for more time or skill!)... The mittens are fantastic! (both the knit ones and the paper ones):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your mitten garland is very cute indeed! You do come up with some fab crafts! And i love the "real ones", I will have to go and check out the pattern!

    Thank you also for your kind comments re our "Boy & Penguin" ;-)

    Maggy

    ReplyDelete
  6. The mittens are gorgeous. I love that shade of green. Cute activity, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those mittens are stunning. Lucky girl!

    oh, and I love the mitten garland.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the newspaper mittens! What a great way to use what you already have in your home! Kerri

    ReplyDelete
  9. The mittens make me wish I could knit better:) Thanks so much for visiting me and your sweet comment!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!