Saturday, January 1, 2011

Hello 2011! It's my Blog's First Anniversary

This morning, my pal reminded me that I kept this little blog up for a year.   Wow, a resolution I kept.

This space sort of took on a life of its own and became a collaborative spot to feature the creative adventures of friends and family.  When I started this blog, I had no idea this space might be featured other places (thank you everyone on my sidebar!) or given awards (thank you Patty Cake Manners, Living Montessori Now, Mummy Crafts, Delilah's Momma, and A Girl and her Glue Gun), or that I would even be asked to guest blog, thank you Gwen. 

By blogging, I have had a chance to connect with so many amazing and creative people, that's the best part.

If you are feeling nostalgic and while only have stats for the last half of the year, judging by comments, features, stats and freakonomics these were some of the more popular posts (no particular order)

There were so many amazing guest projects

V the Baking Barrister's Bib Cookies and Champagne Bottle Cookies

My pal N's No. 817 Burlap Rice Bag transformed into a Stylish Tote

My BFF's Imagination Movers Party
The Craft Organization Projects (which were also a resolution accomplished)

Ribbon Storage
Peg Board Thread Holder




There were a lot of crafting with kids or crafting for my kids projects (just a few of the favourites)

Cardboard Earth Day Wreath

A Fairy Garden Project and Final Reveal

There were a ton of fabric and sewing projects to list only a few





and after a 10 year hiatus, I finally sewed something for me, an Amy Butler Tunic

It's been a great year and my little blog has grown from 4 readers (including me) to 150 (who knew!!) 

I appreciate your interest, encouragement, and kind comments. You help me live creatively. 

Have a Happy New year and I am now off to the kitchen to make that stale panettone into french toast,

7 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! Looking forward to more great blogging in 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you and your family KJ. You have certainly lived up to your mantra and lived a creative life this year, here's to many more. Congratulations on your anniversary too, you've posted some really lovely and colourful ideas.

    Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Years, Happy Blogiversary, and thank you for being a bloggy friend. You make life lovely for your family, and I thank you for sharing that with us too. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year KJ! I love your fabulous picture recapitulation and I am glad to have you as inspiration and support! I can't wait to see all the beautiful things you are going to share with us in the new year!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful.Belated wishes for the happy and properous new year 2011

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on one year, KJ! So many amazing projects and great ideas. I can't wait to see what you have in store for us in 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We share a blogiversary! You've done so many cool projects this year. I'm excited to see what you come up with next.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!