Thursday, January 6, 2011

Handmade Gift: No Sew Shake and Find

Post Christmas, I have received a few emails from readers about meaningful handmade gifts they received or gave over the holidays. Over the coming weeks, I will feature some of these projects.   

The first project is a no-sew shake and find.  We have seen and loved the eye spy bags, but this would be a great handmade gift for someone who doesn't sew. 

My nephew received this shake and find from a family friend.


The beads and plastic containers were from Michaels.  Similar to the eyespy bag, there are little objects buried in the beads and a little laminated checklist was created.
I think it is a wonderful gift.  I also think this would be a nice handmade sibling gift.  An older sibling could make one of these for a younger sibling and pick out special items "to bury."

Have a great day,

2 comments:

  1. KJ this is ingenious! Yes, this makes a fabulous gift and I know my children would love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really cute, and a great option for anyone who doesn't sew. Love the idea of doing this as a sibling gift, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!