Monday, December 27, 2010

Scarf Refashion: Rapunzel's Hair


I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and many memories were made!  I am still in a turkey fog. My 2 year old developed a fever on Christmas Eve and was feverish and lethargic all Christmas Day.  I am hoping she is on the mend, it's been a rough couple of nights - you know the sort where you just lie in bed holding your child all night.

I thought I would post this little gift I made for Miss Lily.  Her grandparents are taking her to see Tangled as a Christmas present and she is very excited. For a long time, she has wanted a long yellow wig especially since she tried out this one my BFF created out of tulle.
For my version, I used a second hand fleece scarf donated by a friend. I am not sure if this has been done before, but this is how I did it and it's one of those projects that doesn't take too much explanation and even less time.
Forgot to mention the obvious, above - braid those 3 equal strips!
So here is the view from the back

and here is the view from the front - "tugging" the hair


She is so pleased and that's why I sew.

Be sure to check out all the great projects at


6 comments:

  1. What a great repurposing project. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haces unas cosas muy originales y bonitas. Me he hecho seguidora de tu blog y te invito a visitar el mio
    http://fimomanualidades.blogspot.com/
    Besos desde España

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is a wonderful idea! When Eva sees this she is going to freak out! She's so into long hair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! I love the ideas and activities you share on your blog and gave you an award at http://livingmontessorinow.com/2010/12/28/versatile-blogger-award-to-happily-pass-on/ Have a wonderful New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wednesday loves the story of Rapunzel too. We wanted to take her to see Tangled as her first movie in a theatre but I fear it may be out of theatres before we get a chance. I love your wig though, I have seen ones made with curly ribbon which are great but easily tangled (no pun intended)yours requires no brushing, which is my kind of hair. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!