Thursday, December 23, 2010

Merry Christmas

I was going to post about a few projects today, but I changed my mind.  

I scrambled from the day job to the daycare to pick up the kids and Miss Lily, who was one of the last to be picked up, promptly informed me that tomorrow was the night before Christmas.  Of course, she was right.  We got home, made homemade pizza and got out the nativity set and played. 

{Kristen Duke's guest post on the Idea Room really helped me get started on these bokeh shots.}
Vintage set I found second hand a few years ago

Olive wood ornament from KJ's trip to Bethlehem
After dinner, we got out some carrots and cranberries and made an ice wreath for the reindeer.  I may not have a chance to post a photo before it is nibbled, but I suspect it will look something like this one from last year - only Miss Lily insisted that we add carrots.


Merry Christmas my friends!

10 comments:

  1. Wow! You did a great job! I love how large your bokeh spots are! Really lovely. Thanks so much for sharing them...Merry Christmas to you and your family too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well with all the hubub I never really got down (didn't read the post) to the bokeh shots although I was interested to learn about.Nevertheless, yours are beautiful!
    Merry Christmas KJ! I wish you everything the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas to you KJ and your family. Thank you for your lovely comments and I look forward to popping in in the New Year.

    Kate xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Love the colorful lights;) My (knick)name is also KJ and I went to Bethelehem a few years ago, so I got sorta confused when I saw the two together! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas to you and yours KJ!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Christmas from http://www.closertolucy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your bokeh shots. I hope you've had a fabulous Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oooh, I wish I had colored lights to take pictures of like this, so pretty! Thanks for stopping by my blog, and I'm looking forward to exploring yours as well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ice wreaths! What a great idea. Definitely going to try that one. Thanks for sharing. And great photos of boken, reminds me of the opening to Punch Drunk Love.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!