Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Crafting with my kids: Lump of Coal Ornament

My 5 year old is obsessed with lumps of coal.  She has an ongoing joke with one of her teachers about lumps of coal and wanted to "make a lump of coal" as a gift.  This is what we came up with.  I don't know if this has been done before, we just used what we had on hand (and there was no coal involved.)

I recovered some Styrofoam from our bin.
We glued them together to form a coal-like shape.
Miss Lily painted the shape black.

Glue some pretty ribbon and add a covered pin.  Hang your ornament.


Have a lovely day and check out all the great projects at






7 comments:

  1. This is too cute!!! My family has an on-going lump of coal joke and these are getting made for next year! Thank you for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea. I love that you used styrofoam. That ribbon is beautiful. So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am your newest follower, and guess what?! It is linky party day on my blog! Please come enter the giveaway and link up to my Strut Your Stuff Party! I love your blog!
    -Dana, Saturday Mornings

    http://danajeanward.blogspot.com/2010/12/50-american-express-giveaway-ends.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing! The resemblance is incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can think of quite a few people I know who need this. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!