Friday, December 17, 2010

Crafting with Kids: Handprint Ornament

If you make only one ornament with your kids, I think this is the one. 

If you have a newborn, it would also be cute and completely doable for baby's first Christmas.
If you google "hand print snowman ornament" you will see lots of different methods. I used this tutorial by Confessions of a Homeschooler.  For Lily's ornament, above, we used a clear plastic ornament from Michaels and then put  some glitter inside.

For Evangeline Hope's ornament, below, we used a large velvet unbreakable ornament (from Canadian Tire's Debbie Travis collection) which had sufficient space for both hands, her full name and the date.  I used my Scribbler 3D paint for the name.

Have a wonderful weekend,


4 comments:

  1. Lovely project KJ! Love both of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those little finger snowmen are so sweet! what a great craft KJ!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yet another great project, I love the ornaments you've made x

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are adorable, KJ! I've never seen this before. We did clay hand and footprint ornaments for my youngest's first Christmas this year, but I'm really liking this idea for both of my girls.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!