Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Crafting with Kids: Hallelujah Chorus

On Saturday, we went to the Children's Messiah. I wanted a little craft activity which went along with the outing.  Family Fun's Christmas Choir was perfect.   Instead of painting faces, we added photos of the girls. I recall one Family Fun reader suggested that and the little felted sweater tree is something I made last year and inspired by the long thread. 

For the past few years, my kids have been exchanging hand made ornaments with my BFF's kids.  So we made a set for their family too, but I can only share a sneak peak.  A crafty ornament exchange is a fun thing to do between families and these girls are becoming expert paper tube painters!

This sweet craft is the perfect way to use up all those mismatched baby socks,


6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness these are so cute! My kids (okay, only 1 so far as the youngest is only 6 mo.) make ornaments/crafts for their grandparents/aunts/uncles at Christmas. I will be bookmarking this one for next year. I'm sure I'll have a great collection of random socks by then. Where do those silly mates end up anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! So excited to see the full finished product! I hope you like what we came up with. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so flipping cute!!! I LOVE that you used photos instead of painted faces. Absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with everyone. This has to be one of the cutest activities you've come up with. What child doesn't like to make stuff with their pictures???

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my gosh, it's a little choir of carolers! Oh the hats are too fun, KJ! and (as you probably know) love the TP rollishness in general. So great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love love love! I wonder if we can squeak one out in time for Christmas?! Yours are adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!