Sunday, December 19, 2010

Crafting with Kids: Egg Carton Jingle Bells

This is an old one but a good one and perfect if you are looking for a quick activity for the little ones who are home from school.  The simplicity of these sweet little bells make it a keeper.


My sister made these bells with her kindergarten class this past week.  They used their little bells to sing Jingle Bells.

Supplies:
An egg carton
Paint
Gold and silver glitter
Pipe cleaners,
white glue and
tiny jingle bells that can be threaded onto the pipe cleaner.



How the kids did it

1. Cut egg carton apart

2. Paint cartons red or green

3. punch a hole in the top of the carton

4. insert pipe cleaner and attach bell inside of carton

5. apply white glue

6. sprinkle on glitter

7. let dry

Now it's time to ring in the holidays,
 

3 comments:

  1. Oh what beautiful bells!
    (Egg carton - I treasure thee.. the source for so many lovely craft projects!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This craft takes me back to my childhood. So cute to see the little ones making these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I'm going to have to send this to Wednesday preschool for next year. So cute. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!