Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Covered Bridge Potato Chip Gift Bag

If you are Canadian, you probably encountered Covered Bridge potato chips. They are a "kettle style" potato chip which comes in a burlap bag from New Brunswick -  home of the longest covered bridge (and regular readers will know that I love covered bridges).

It makes me really sad to think that some people (and of course none of you dear readers) would throw out the burlap bag after enjoying the potato chips.   These bags can be reused and in the spirit of Sew Mama Sew's green grocery bag challenge, my pal has re-purposed the Covered Bridge Bag into a reusable Christmas gift bag using navy cotton with a star print.

Perfect for wrapping a hostess gift.

The dimensions of this particular burlap bag is 12  x 9 inches, so your lining will be a little smaller (for a basic tutorial on lining a bag use this the second tutorial here). She made the straps 12 inches in length.

The blooming holidays gift tag is by the long thread, found here.

4 comments:

  1. It just occurred to me that the bag is also perfect for carrying indoor shoes or slippers to a Christmas party! Working on a couple more. Who knows - you might find one under your tree KJ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen a chip bag like that...it's free fabric! What a fun way to make it last longer. Merry Christmas, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And you can also use it to embroider something on it and make interesting home decor pieces and then you can make some fabric jewelry and ....
    the possibilities are endless ...
    I love reusing burlap! Great job with the bag too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that the chips come in a burlap bag... how cool is that?! I've never seen these on my trips to Canada. I'm going to look for them next time I'm there. Love this bag idea. So clever!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!