Sunday, November 14, 2010

Our Letter Ornaments


While I was ill and between episodes of Y&R, I was looking through Anthropologie's "holiday decor" and {among other things }was intrigued by these "Your Christmas Letter" ornaments.
I wanted to see if I could make them out of felted wool. I had a couple of old nordic-ish wool sweaters I felted last year. I just cut out letters (2 layers back and front) and zig-zagged around the edges, inserting some trim and a pompom on a strand. 

Here is my  knockoff  "in the style of"

They are kind of wonky, sort of like Charlie Brown's Christmas Tree. 

Have a great week and be sure to check out all the great projects at

mmm button

5 comments:

  1. Love these, KJ! They look just like the original. Sounds like they are pretty simple to make, too. I think I might have to find time to try this out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my KJ these are fabulous!
    Love the pattern on the sweaters and the little pom-poms you've added (the red ones are pom-poms, right?). Such a beautiful idea for making ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very neat and easy enough to do. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really cute! I am definitely putting it on my Christmas to do list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How adorable! And so much cheaper than the Anthro ones. I am about to go scour the house for some sweaters to use! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!