Sunday, November 28, 2010

Crafting with my kids: Pompom pine cone forest

Pompoms and pine cones rank high on my list of favourite things so I was intrigued when I saw Terri Sullivan of the The Wool Acorn's Fantasy Forest project in BHG's Holiday Crafts magazine.  The project instructions calls for felted balls, wooden spools and glitter, but I wanted to modify it for young kids.

We used tiny craft pompoms and corks (cut in half) for the trunks. 

Here is our fantasy forest, there was even a little snow on the ground for the photo shoot!


It was a great project that both girls enjoyed.  Tip: Look for pine cones with spaces so that the pompoms fit.

Have a great week and check out all the projects at


Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the  weekend      wrap    up           party!



The DIY Show Off

14 comments:

  1. Oh that is so cute!!! I'm planning to do a daily activity with the kids through Dec (watch for a post very soon!) and this would be a great one for it!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is perfect for the little ones and their fine motor skills KJ! Sweet little trees!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute. I'll keep this in mind for preschool this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That really is a cute project. Love your little deer x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is SO CUTE - and great for eye-hand coordination! I featured your post at the Living Montessori Now Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/LivingMontessoriNow

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are simply too adorable and LOVE the expression on your little one's face!!

    Thank you for linking up! :-)

    Maggy

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a cute idea. Looks adorable with the little deer in the forest!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is really a cute idea!!!! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute Christmas craft! Had seen the link to your idea over at Living Montessori Now and since I linked to Living montessori Now, I decided to also include the individual links to each crafty blog that is mentioned...here is the link to my blog post:
    http://sunriselearninglab.blogspot.com/2010/12/on-our-shelves-december-activities.html

    Really have had fun checking out your cool ideas.

    Happy holidays,
    Colleen :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now I featured your activity in my Activity of the Week post!: http://livingmontessorinow.com/2010/12/06/activity-of-the-week-turning-christmas-crafts-into-montessori-oriented-activities/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!