Thursday, November 11, 2010

Crafting with Kids: Remembrance Day

Canadians are celebrating Remembrance Day today and it is observed by a moment of silence and laying a wreath in remembrance of those who served and sacrificed their lives in battle. The girls and I worked on these wreaths this weekend.  It was a project that even my little one wanted to work on.  Circle wreath forms were cut from cereal box and I cut a stack of tissue paper poppies which they glued on.

I received a wonderful note from my BFF last night.   She sent me these photos.  I had to grin, because she had no idea about what we had been working on and I had no idea what she had been working on.  Kindred spirits.  Her guy is sick with croup, they crafted together and it felt good.  Cardboard wreath activities really are a wonderful activity for young kids.    The stitched poppies are Laupre's Ear bud poppy tutorial a quick and easy tute for a nursing mum of 4!

If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields.

Thank you for stopping by,



5 comments:

  1. I love that you used poppies and the Flanders Fields poem. It is such a wonderful reminder of so many that have sacrificed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love poppies and this is such a sweet project. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful idea KJ. I can't wait to steal it from you when my little one is ready for this.
    Happy Remembrance Day, and Thanks for posting the idea.

    Chuck

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the poppies. Great idea, KJ. The Flanders Field poem reminds me of when my class had to recite it in sixth grade. I always loved that poem.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!