Friday, November 12, 2010

Crafting With Kids: Button Wreath

I am a little under the weather this week and on my own with the girls.    I wanted a little activity which would make the evening go quickly and didn't make my head pound.  We decided on these little button ornaments. 

I was inspired by this post on Craftapalooza.  Lily loved working on this project so much she made two ornaments.   Sorting our button stash by colour took almost as long as making the wreaths (keeps them busy!). We used UHU all purpose glue and cardboard. The only hot glue involved was the last step (which I did) the felt holly and ribbon.

Be well and have a lovely weekend and be sure to check out all the great projects at
Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend     wrap    up           party!mmm button

12 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea! Get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will so be making these!! Thanks for another great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so making these with my kids! Easy, cute, look great - perfect craft!

    I found your post at Tatertots and Jello

    ReplyDelete
  4. so cute KJ! sweet and simple and perfect for little ones! hope you feel better very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I do love these, what a great idea and so effective too. Pretty miserable having to cope on your own when you'd rather be in bed, I hope you're on the mend.

    Have a lovely weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm your newest follower:) My daughter would LOVE to make these! I try to make a handmade ornament each year for the family...so this is it! Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another fabulous ideas! And we get to use all those buttons I wondered what to do with them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. and i LOVE your button wreath! come on over and link it up to MMM :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you're feeling better, KJ! These are so cute. I love the picture of the buttons all sorted out in the muffin tin:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very adorable!!

    http://im-in-the-loop.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I saw you on TCTC! That's a very good idea!!
    Thanks for sharing!
    (oh and I love your blog name!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable for kids. I think my grands could do this. I have a tree we use for all the ornaments they make.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!