Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Christmas Ribbon Organizer

If you are visiting from Funky Junk Interiors Link party #64 Welcome!!!


I recently attended a Canadian Living magazine DIY gift wrapping session and there was a very interesting ribbon organizer made from a small drawer.
I didn't have any small drawers, but I did have this wooden box (the sort which are used to gift or regift fine spirits).  My neighbour had no use for it, the box I mean.
I stained the box with MiniWax Colonial

and picked up some iron escutcheons from Lee Valley just like the inspiration.  Essentially, you drill holes and the escutcheons are nailed on with very small finishing nails.

Here is my finished Christmas ribbon holder.
Wishing all my American friends and family a happy and blessed Thanksgiving,

This post is linked to





Photobucket


The DIY Show Off



”Organize

12 comments:

  1. This is incredible! It looks better than the original. Nice work! I need to look into these escutcheons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful use for that box! I just love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely done! I love Lee Valley.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is something I should've done ages ago! Just lovely KJ!Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love this. I do think I might need a REALLY wide drawer to pull this off, but it's so pretty maybe I might even (gasp) thin out my ribbon collection to make it work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is clever and darling at the same time! Love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea and I love the key hole openings. What a unique and lovely touch.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very neat idea! And so charming too. Love the little keyholes!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is genius!! Love the hardware, great touch. I would be thrilled if you would share this at my weekend party as well :) http://www.lovelycraftyweekend.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this! So smart and the keyholes are charming.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this idea...thanks for sharing!
    Cheryl @ 22 Applegate Lane

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!