Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Recycled Crafts: Turkey Basket

As you long-time readers probably know, I am a sucker for a recycled craft particularly those involving googly eyes.  We tried this one in anticipation of Canadian Thanksgiving which is celebrated this weekend. 

The idea is based on an activity my sister used for her class.  You can fill the basket with something special and give it as a Thanksgiving gift, or you can put it one at each place setting, or whatever.  Here's a little pictorial of how it's done.

We added a few beads to the pipe cleaner handle and a white piece for under the beak.  I had a brown shopping bag in my stash so we used that instead of construction paper.  (I had to wiki the name of the white piece, it actually should be red and it is called a wattle!)


Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

This post is linked to

3 comments:

  1. Love this! An easy and rewarding project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very sweet craft for crafty little hands!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute, such sweet little faces, I bet the children had a ball doing them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!