Thursday, October 21, 2010

Pumpkin & Gourd Matching Game


 Miss Lily really loves gourds. She brought one for show and share last week so I was delighted when AJ told me about this game that she put together for her class.
  •  go to the market (or if you are lucky your pumpkin patch) and pick out real gourds and mini pumpkins (more variety and textures the better)
  • take colour photos of each gourd individually  (you will see AJ took her photos on a bamboo placemat)
  • print photos on 4 X 6
  • laminate
  • children match the real gourds and pumpkins to the corresponding photos

 Have a wonderful weekend!

7 comments:

  1. This is such a cute idea and a great learning tool. I'd love to try this with my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun, kids would love this game.
    Wow, you have so many different cute little gourds and pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow KJ this is a fantastic idea!
    The photographs AJ took are great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooo how clever! i like how colourful and texture-ous this game is. really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi KJ, just dropping by to see what you're up to. Nice work on the recycled t-shirt quilt, I think it's really well done and very touching.

    Can I just say that I had no idea there were that many pumpkins (gourds) in existence. I think I need to get out more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE it! I'm going to have to do this for my little guy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!