Saturday, October 16, 2010

Covered Bridges

Over Thanksgiving weekend, I had a chance to see another covered bridge.  This one is in Warner, New Hampshire.  Covered bridges in the autumn are beautiful.
I have been taking photos of covered bridges since 1997 when I visited the Bridges of Madison County in Iowa.  Here are a few of my favourites.
Hogback Bridge, Madison County, Iowa built 1884
My dad on the Ottauquechee River Bridge in Quechee, Vermont, near the Simon Pearce Glass Factory
I love red covered bridges best. Sadly, I can't recall the name of this one. In 2003, I dragged my cousin - visiting from Norway - to see about dozen in the Vermont and New Hampshire.

Cornish-Windsor Bridge
Longest covered bridge in  the United States, Windsor Vermont
Although none of the photographs are particularly spectacular on their own, I really enjoy taking photos of a single subject.  It's a nice way to document several vacations which took place at different times.   I also like to take photos of street markets and lighthouses.

Do you take photos of certain subjects? 

Enjoy the weekend,

4 comments:

  1. I love the view of the bridge at New Hampshire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this brought back memories!
    I both read and watched The Bridges of Madison!
    Some of them are really charming!
    I do photograph certain subjects - my specialty: doors and windows. I am planning a post on the subject (for 2 years now, but I am persuading myself that I need more material) so ... maybe one day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. To answer your question, I don't take photos of a specific subject on my travels, but I will now! What a great idea. Now I just have to pick something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great visuals for the Fall. I love that you love covered bridges and that you have been taking a collection of pics for all those years.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!