Sunday, October 17, 2010

Autumnal Ode to Ali Edwards: Leaf Punch Collage

Ali Edwards' butterfly collage {she also featured a Valentine's version here and I am certain there are all sorts of variations out there - maybe even this one!} is partly responsible for my addiction to craft blogs and surely responsible for my growing collection of Martha Stewart punches (remember always use your Michael's 40%-off coupon!). 

Over the weekend, Lily and I were messing around with the leaf punch because she wanted to make some leaf confetti to bring to school and I wanted some confetti to decorate for an upcoming craft/bake sale.   With the extra, I put a leaf collage together.

I used a 9X9 Ikea shadow box and two stacked glue dots for each punched leaf.  All the leaves are punched from recycled greeting cards or consumer packaging (including my favourite cereal, can you spot it?!.
I never get tired of leaves, they are better than candlelight.

Have a great week,

This post is linked to
Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap    up           party!



The DIY Show OffThe Girl Creative

12 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, KJ! I love that you used recycled materials... fantastic idea. And thanks for introducing me to Ali Edwards. I will certainly be stopping over there again. I wonder if Martha has an acorn punch:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great project! And the combination of colours is quite catchy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are really pretty. I'm a big fan of paper. It's so delicious to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My daughter and I love your idea. She is 17 and redoing a room and wants to modify this idea with an owl punch she has. Thanks for the idea!
    Denise @http://junkdogdesign.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute idea....I have an apple idea floating in my head now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love this! thanks so much for popping by my blog today! :) Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is a winner. Simple, creative, and artsy. Love it.
    Pam @ beColorful

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this!
    Popping in from Tater Tots and Jello!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwww... I love it! I really like the patterns you used. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this, like LOVE it. I featured it tomorrow on My Crafty Weekend. Hope you can come by tomorrow and link up some great stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!