Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Chic Everyday Dress

You may remember my recent post on the Michael Miller Birds of Norway ruffled camera strap.  This was the larger project that I made from the same fabric and it is my third project for the Creative Maven's Sew 5 Challenge.

The pattern is the "Chic Everyday Dress" available over at Mani Mina Studio's etsy shop.

I first discovered this pattern while poking around at Aesthetic Nest. I adore all of the dresses that Anneliese stitches for her little girls and she posted about this particular pattern last year, here.

The pattern comes as a .pdf and it is the perfect project for a beginner seamstress (2 pattern pieces, 4 pieces of fabric, can't get much easier).  The pattern is a simple shape and you can change up the embellishments and even the position of the waistline.  [Anneliese made her oldest daughter's garment with an eye-catching high collar]. For the waistline, I used orange bias tape and turquoise grosgrain.  The pattern was a size 6 and I kept the length so the dress would be all about the fabric.  Here are a couple of photos from our photo shoot.


After she became tired of the modelling, Miss Lily really proved it was a "chic everyday dress" as she bombed about the neighbourhood on the John Deere.
And that's why I sew.
Thanks for stopping by. 
Happy stitching,

This post is linked to
Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up          party!
Sew Crafty Saturday at Sew Chic and Unique


make it wear it

10 comments:

  1. So nice! The orange and turquoise embellishment really adds a nice element to the dress. That fabric is really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! The fabric is gorgeous and the little ruffled embellishment just adds up to its loveliness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your daughter is absolutely gorgeous. Such a wonderful smile! The dress is super fab too, love the fabric choice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely darling. I think I might have to try the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That dress is darling! I want to try one now, I love making my girls dresses. Your daughter is a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The dress is so pretty i need to get cracking and make some dresses for my girls. Hopefully now that they are both at school i will have the time to sew for them.

    I am hosting my own link up party Sew Crafty Saturday would love it if you stopped by and linked up :)

    http://sewchicandunique.com/2010/09/sew-crafty-saturday/

    Mayya @ Sew Chic and Unique

    ReplyDelete
  7. The dress is adorable and your model is hilarious! She's perfect...I love the hand on her hip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love, love, love this! It turned out great - color choices are awesome and your little lady is cracking me up - love her faces :-)

    Have a great weekend,
    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've been featured at Sew Chic and Unique
    http://sewchicandunique.com/2010/09/sew-crafty-saturday-2/

    Thanks for linking up to Sew Crafty Saturday dont forget to grab the i've been featured button

    Mayya @ Sew Chic and Unique

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!