Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Peace, Love and Cupcakes


I sewed this apron for one of Miss Lily's sweet friends. The apron is reversible.  Hard-working denim on one side and Robert Kaufman's Sweet Tooth Cupcake in Yellow.  Healthy mix.

The apron is based on an old standby - Sew Liberated Montessori Apron pattern, with two modifications (1) I opted for a D-ring to make it truly reversible (sort of like the Michael Miller apron I posted about here); and (2) I lengthened the pattern by about 3 inches.
In the spirit of the doll clothes project, I whipped up a couple of versions.  This little lady is sporting a single scallop. No tutorial necessary.

And Jane Banks is modeling one of Brassy Apple's itty bitty Barbie Aprons.

The Barbie apron is a great scrap-buster project [of that instant gratification sort - providing you have a tulle stash (guilty!)].
This post is linked to:

5 comments:

  1. Oh I love reversible clothing! It's so practical. The apron is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, that bike totally rocks! Baby Carrier giveaway if anyone is interested!

    http://whatwasisayingagain1018.blogspot.com/2010/08/belle-baby-carrier-giveaway-because-i.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute, but I have to admit that I was hoping to drool over a picture of a real cupcake... Diets suck, enough said.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your cupcake aprons are all very lovely! i like the D-ring idea. Clever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah!!! thanks for posting about the itty bitty apron tutorial! Loved seeing the final product! thanks for uploading to the Brassy Apple Flickr group! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!