Monday, August 23, 2010

Lightning McQueen Bike Makeover

My nephew participated in a community bike parade this weekend. His bike won "the most creative" award. 

AJ decorated his bike with a mini race car bunting similar to the one I posted about it here and some streamers.  [My middle sister has requested a moratorium on bunting posts so I will indulge her today and post about streamers instead :).] 

You can make bike streamers using plastic shopping bags, pipe cleaners, and pony beads.  (If you are interested in pony beads, I posted recently shared another project here).

Anyway, here is the streamer how-to:

Plastic Shopping Bags
/cut the bags into strips
carefully cut a small hole in each strip (this is where your pipe cleaner will thread through)
thread your pipe cleaner through the plastic strips
see the yellow pony bead? use one on each side to secure the stack of plastic strips

twist your pipe cleaners and they can now be hung from your bike


"Speed. I am speed."
- Lightning McQueen




Have a great week and as always, thanks for stopping by,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!