Friday, July 2, 2010

Strawberry Picking


Yesterday, we celebrated Canada Day by flying a kite (perfect breeze yesterday), strawberry picking and sharing a special meal with friends.

It was the first time we took our girls berry picking.    As a kid, I berry picked on a routine basis (there were berry farms quite close to my childhood home and my dad would drop my sisters and I off with a couple of baskets and pick us up two hours later with tummy aches).  Our family lives in the city - so a visit to a berry farm or any sort of farm usually involves some coordination and a plan.

I am glad we took the effort.  It was a wonderful day.



I have to hit the day job today, but the day was a special blip in the week.


Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Kareena,
    Loved seeing the pictures of the girls at the berry farm! Chris and I have been thinking about going berry picking, since we live so close to many berry farms, but haven't gotten around to it yet. Soon?
    See you soon,
    Tonya, Julsey & Kass

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pictures! I loved reading about your little outing, the family together making memories to cherish and remember!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun!! We have strawberry farms here, it is currently picking time now till around november (it is winter here in sunny Queensland). My sister takes her little boys there in the holidays. I think they eat about the same amount that goes in the baskets...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful family! Flying kites with the kids is always fun...and picking Strawberries is so yummmy if your able to get any into the baskets... thanks so much for your visit and "Happy Canada Day"!
    Sandy
    thewondersofdoing@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!