Monday, July 5, 2010

Ribbon Storage

I hope you had a lovely weekend.  The weather was perfect where I live.  I wanted to share a little craft organization project I completed.

{This project is linked to Funky Junk's SNS #83 all about frames}

Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special


I received this Indian goodness from my pal N for my birthday.  I absolutely love it and have a couple of projects in mind. 
But first I am just going to stand back an admire it on my new ribbon storage holder.


I took this frame, found at a shop on the side of the road,

and was inspired by this tutorial at 33 Shades of Green (there is at least one other tutorial out there in the past few months that uses a similar concept, but I couldn't locate the post, let me know and I will add it), I purchased a package of Levolor's 5/16" Sashrods 12-22" at Home Depot (about $3.50 for the pair), I made this ribbon organizer.  I primed and spraypainted the frame, but not the hardware (unlike the tutorial which changed the brass to white)


I love it so much. I left it in the kitchen for a week, just so I could look at some grosgrain each morning. 

By the way, I flag posts on organizing ribbon (it's a condition).  There are some fabulous options out there.  You might be inspired by some of these folks:

Coat hangers at Little Birdie Secrets and Cottage Home


Egg cartons at Craft Bits


Candlestick bases at Giverslog


Old dresser drawer and dowel at Blue Cricket Design


Galvanized nails at Sew Many Ways


Rain gutter at Orange Peanut


Chain and cafe curtain rods at In My Own Style


Dowel and box at Mother Huddle


Photoboxes at Organize Everything


Empty cans at Krafty Mum


Jars and wooden clothes pegs at Nichole Heady (this also great for scrap lengths too short for large spools)


Behind the door organizer at Centsational Girl

Have a great week!  This post is linked to
Organize and Decorate Everything












16 comments:

  1. I used a fancy toilet paper holder with the open ended style where you slip on the roll to show off my lace ribbons...haha. I love the frame idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! I need to do something with mine (currently heaped in a tangled pile in a basket) but I can't decide how I want to store it. I hope motivation and inspiration strike for me soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool idea! Great job. My ribbons are hanging on paper towel holders inside a closet door. I can't wait to check out some of the ribbon sites you shared.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I had that much ribbon!!!

    Thanks for linking up to my linky party. I LOVE both of your projects.

    I hope you link up sometime again. Great ideas.

    Just Another Day in Paradise

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I am loving this idea, thanks for the inspiration. We are hoping to wall in my new craft room this Winter, so I want some things like this for in there.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what a great idea! I just have mine thrown in a storage container!
    Amy @ www.thecheapandchoosy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I'm not sure who's idea I want to use. Again, Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

    Lorie-ThePeddler
    www.lorie-thepedder.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love pretty ribbon especially when it's displayed for all to see. I'm hosting We're Organized Wednesday till Friday and would love for you join the party if you get the chance. THanks for mentioning my post about ribbon. THat's sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This organizer looks super! Thanks for all the other links too - I'm looking forward to checking them out. Pam @ Sallygoodin

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a really cute idea! I definitely need to organize my ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great and pretty way to store ribbon. Thanks for joining We're Organized Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really good idea! You can see the beauty of the ribbons!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I forgot... Your new Indian ribbons are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrads on having the most views at my Whatever Goes Wednesday party last week. I am featuring this post today! Great idea for ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Came over from someday crafts and I LOVE this ribbon storage solution. I am a proud ribbon-aholic, and this is a really creative way to keep control of my habit. I'd love to show this to my readers and make one for my craft room. I'll make sure to link them back to you. My hubby thanks you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love how your ribbon organizer turned out! Thanks for linking back to my tutorial.
    Alissa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!