Friday, July 9, 2010

All the world is made of faith, and trust, and pixie dust


This little guy was released by Mattel in the early eighties.  I found him at Value Village for $2.99 without any clothes.  I rarely score any Barbie clothes at Value Village. It seems people always donate the dolls, but hold on to the clothes.

I sewed Peter a little outfit from a scrap of forest green stretch knit and little boots from felt.  He was a 5th birthday gift for one of Miss Lily's buddies:  A sweet little boy who loves Peter Pan - in a decade which loves Tinkerbell.


When the first baby laughed for the first time, its laugh broke into a thousand pieces, and they all went skipping about, and that was the beginning of fairies.
— J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan
Thanks for stopping by.  Have a magical weekend,

3 comments:

  1. Love this! You did an excellent job!
    A memoable quote that is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that line from Barrie - it's a forever thought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Just wanted to let you know that I have given you the Sunshine Award because I think that you have a great blog.

    http://www.mydeliciousambiguity.com/2010/07/new-awards-heaps-of-thanks.html

    Have a great day!
    -Jenn
    My Delicious Ambiguity

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!