Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Last Day of School: Teacher Gift

Will you succeed?
Yes you will indeed!
(98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed.)
- Oh the places you will go


Today is the last day of school. 

I wanted to sew something for Miss Lily's JK teacher and Miss Lily suggested something to do with butterflies.  The Hungry Caterpillar party and insect unit was a highlight of her first year of school. 

I decided to  try out Prudent Baby's Bias Tape Reversible bag using a combination of the Save Our Planet fabric and a Danica mariposa dinner napkin.  Jaime said the project would take about an hour, she was right!
I found the napkins on sale for $5.00 (for four!) at Homesense.


Here is the finished bag:


I am pleased with the way the two fabrics coordinate. 

Miss Lily also wanted to make a card for our crossing guard, Al. Miss Lily is very interested in crossing guards.  She knows their names, their stations, and is always interested in their whistles.  We gave Al, our crossing guard, this handmade stop sign card (obviously, I am lacking one of those cricut machines) and a new whistle.


That's the scoop and don't forget to hug your teacher and crossing guard today!

Be sure to check out all the great projects at

Just Another Day in Paradise's Christmas in July Party

Join us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up party!

Sew Can Do and


Photobucket




Show and Tell Green



7 comments:

  1. It looks so good! I saw this tut also, and want to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute.

    I would love it if you came by and linked this idea up to my first linky party for my month long Christmas in July homemade gift event.

    I hope to see you soon!

    Just Another Day in Paradise
    www.zitzmanfam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tell Miss Lily that I used to love crossing guards too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Bag! And I have to say that I just teared up looking at Al's card. Ah pregnancy hormones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is super cute!! Really--only one hour?! I need one! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!