Friday, June 4, 2010

Fruit and Cookie Cutters

I spotted this idea in the May issue of Better Homes and Garden (p. 32).  Matthew Mead styled a Mother's Day Brunch and cut out fruit pieces with cookie cutters.

[Side bar: BHG has really become a good magazine.  I started a subscription in April and I am really enjoying it. The BHG website is also full of useful project ideas (including crafts, sewing and parties).]

Matthew used a dragonfly, butterfly, and simple flower shape:
The other evening, I tried cutting watermelon with an ice cream cone cookie cutter.
The girls absolutely loved the little melon cones.    

For a baby shower, this idea would work really well with the Baking Barrister's Bib cookie cutter

Thanks for checking in and have a wonderful weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for stopping by blog. What a fun blog, I am now following.
    I cannot wait to visit Halifax and PEI it looks so beautiful plus I get to see my Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice of you to come visit my blog.. and for your kind words about my "store on the street"... I have a neighborhood that tosses all sorts of stuff out on sunday evenings for the monday am 'large pick up'.. you know where I drive around 4pm on sundays..lol
    Love your idea for cookie cutter fruit...
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog! To answer your question about the fabric I used - M'Liss city collection for Hancock Fabrics. I'm not sure if you have Hancock Fabrics in Toronto, but I'm pretty sure you can order it online.

    If you want to do a fabric swap sometime and trade something you can't get there, for something I can't get here, that would be lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fun idea, and kids would love to help make the fruit shapes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!