Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Father's Day Cards



Ever since I spotted this post on Creature Comforts about repurposing the insides of security envelopes into buntings, I have been saving my security envelopes. 

I thought a Father's Day card with a necktie bunting would be the perfect use  (I particularily like the plaid tie!).  You just cut a neck tie shape out of various security envelope and glue it to cardstock.  Next, connect, the neckties with a fine black line.  Easy.
 
This is the other card I made. It is for my dad.  He loves the Detective Agency stories.  [I have posted about these stories before.]  I used Lavender and Limes' tutorial for the silhouette.
Inside the card, I stamped a quote from the story

I learned many, many things from my father. To use my eyes.
To use my ears. And my memory. He taught me to be patient.
[The quote continues: Most of all, he thought me to love my country Botswana.]

 As always, thanks for checking in!  This post is linked to

Weekend Wrap Up Party at Tatertots & Jello, be sure to check all the great projects!





  

6 comments:

  1. I love handmade cards, so much nicer than bought ones. The tie bunting looks great, neat idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the twist on the bunting! Very, very cute & clever :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! It's simple and elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for visiting my blog. I think this card idea is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi again! Thanks for visiting me! It is nice to see someone so close to home. (I'm in London) I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!