Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Daddy Hugs Neck Tie Bunting

My sister, AJ and now a frequent kite flyer, spotted this post on Craft Gossip featuring Heather of Dollar Store Crafts tie bunting and was inspired to create a Father's Day neck tie bunting for her home.  Here is her version:


The "Daddy Hugs" saying is based on Karen Katz's popular board book.  You may also have her "Mummy Hugs" book in your home library.

(Image Via Amazon)
 
AJ raided both my brother-in-law and my dad's closets for old neck ties.

and cut up the ties to make the bunting.  Even the binding tape is made from ties.


The letters are cut from white fabric and adhered to the ties using heat bond.

I think it looks great and puts a number of my dad's old ties where they should be!

As always, thanks for checking in,


This post is linked to


Show and Tell Green
The Girl Creative

Wednesday at Me & My Bucket
Photobucket

Make it Yours @ My Backyard Eden

Creations by Kara


Join us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up party!

11 comments:

  1. That is so adorable! And I love that book - what a fun idea - it would be a cute banner to use at a little boys "little man" type birthday party too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool! I never thought to use a tie that way. Thank you for linking to my party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I haven't the time this year but next year you can bet this will definitely be hanging up! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute!! Thanks for linking @Creative Itch's "Sew Cute Tuesday"!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Followimg from FF. What a smart idea. Came out great.

    http://my3princesandaprincessto.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable, I love that you use heat bond. I am a no sew kinda girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Waaaaayyyyyyyyyy awesome! (That sounds rather illiterate, doesn't it?) What i meant to say was, I love love love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like this - my mom was just saying she wanted to get rid of a bunch of my dad's ties now that he's retired.....better see if I can grab them! Thanks for linking to Craftastic Monday:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness! What an AODRABLE little Father's Day banner. Great way to use up old ties, too! Love it!

    ~Alison
    tp://oopsey-daisy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is precious! :) Any daddy would love to be greeted with that super sweet banner!

    Please stop by craftsandsutch.blogspot.com when you get a chance to take a peek at what I've been up to. :)

    Have a super week!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  11. I featured this idea today as part of my Wednesday's Wowzers!

    http://oopsey-daisy.blogspot.com/2010/06/wednesdays-wowzers-what-can-you-do-with.html

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!