Monday, June 21, 2010

Cupcake Tower


This kite is always a sucker for a great cardboard repurposing project.  Here's one you might enjoy.

The Baking Barrister uses repurposed cardboard boxes to create a cupcake tower.  She covers the cardboard in scrap paper to block out any logos and then covers the boxes with robin's egg blue tissue paper. 

Here are the boxes stored neatly.


Here is the tower

 
Voila! a very professional looking display

  Thanks for stopping by and have a great Monday! 

This post is linked to (check out all the great projects!!)
Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up   party!


 

4 comments:

  1. Dear KJ, I love your cardboard cake tower and this is a project my children will certainly enjoy! Thank you so much for sharing!
    (And thank you for letting me know about the bolero tute being featured! I am glad you like it - although it is a bit simplistic. But as someone said "Simplicity is the essence of elegance.")

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi KJ-
    This is a great idea. Depending on the size boxes used, you could probably add larger items to raise them off the table while creating interest. Great way to repurpose, too.
    I found you blog thru Tatertots and Jello.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a cute idea for a party and it's inexpensive too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant! I was so stuck on trying to make my cupcake stand (to hold 60 Costco size ones) round. Boxes will work perfect - Square it is! Just the inspiration I needed!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!