Friday, May 21, 2010

Thinking outside the box - Walkie Talkies

I love repurposing projects. 

It makes me really happy when Miss Lily comes up with a repurposing project on her own.

She wanted to turn a drink box into a walkie talkie.  So we did.


I applied black adhesive paper to the box (you could use contruction paper or electric tape), and some aluminum foil "speakers" embellished with a sharpie pen, and a red felt button.

She loves these walkie talkies and I love that she came up with the idea on her own. 

I am signing off for the weekend. I hope you have a wonderful Victoria Day long weekend! It's the unofficial start of the summer where we are - get out the sparklers!

7 comments:

  1. Genius! A great unisex project too. Way to go, Lily! There's so many cute crafty/sewing projects for girls, but this one's great for both. Happy long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great project! What a wonderful repurpose of the juice box. Gets me thinking about other things a juice box could be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also love repurposing, and these are great! My older daughter would love them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cute! I pinned it to my Oogieloves Party board: http://pinterest.com/pattiecordova/an-oogieloves-party/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm the Editorial Assistant for Fun Family Crafts and I wanted to let you know that we have featured your walkie talkies! You can see it here:

    http://funfamilycrafts.com/juice-box-walkie-talkie/

    If you have other kid friendly crafts, we'd love it if you would submit them. If you would like to display a featured button on your site, you can grab one from the right side bar of your post above. Thanks for a wonderful project idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are really cool! So fun & no batteries required! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute & a great idea -- no batteries required. I like that! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!