Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Shoes and Bags always fit

For Mother's Day, I made my mother-in-law a shoe bag. She always carries around a pair of indoor Birkenstocks and loves polar bears.  For the label, I used the same technique as my mesh produce bag twill tape labels

The pattern is based on Betz White's shoe bag tutorial, found here.

My mother-in-law loves polar bears so much that we threw her a polar bear party for her 65th birthday. 

Pin the nose on the polar bear



Her favourite Baskin Robbins Jamocha
Almond Fudge ice cream cake topped with an
 Isobel's Polar Bear cookie.

And because I couldn't stop at just one shoe bag, I made a whole family of shoe bags

Mummy - from a 70ish vintage sheet

Daddy's from one of his beloved
Marks and Spencer's shirts

I left the buttons on to prove it

Miss Lily's has Clara dancing the Nutcracker of course
and Hopie's (she has her own personalized sewing tape!)


I think these bags will be very useful! 

Thanks for stopping by and be sure to check out all the great projects at


Join us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up party!





DIY Day @ ASPTL



6 comments:

  1. I really like that vintage floral one. Now I just need to get some mesh & make both kinds of bags. Thanks for linking it up to Craftastic Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great drawstring bags! Love the twill tape labels (I might have to get me some of those alphabet stamps) Oh, and I love the bag made out of a shirt, great recycling :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These bags are really cute and I adore the pin the nose on the polar bear. Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that Betz White tutorial, and your bags turned out so well. I love the personalized labels... :)
    We have a Friday Fun Finds linky party... we'd love it if you'd link to this. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!