Monday, May 17, 2010

Kids' Drawing Case

Last week, Ellen over at the long thread posted a kids' drawing case tutorial.

Miss Lily is have surgery on her ears this week, so I thought this would be a nice case to bring to the hospital.  I also made one for a sweet little girl who turn four on the weekend.

Ballerinas and pink gingham


Strawberry shortcake and pink gingham


Unable to source any moleskin notebooks at a reasonable price point, I included an artist mini-sketch book instead.

I like the way the cases turned out. The batting is a nice touch.

Thanks for stopping by!

This is project is linked to:

Just Another Day in Paradise's Christmas in July Link Party

Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up party!


Simply Designing

The DIY Show Off

Making

The Girl Creative
Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. A really cute project! Nice to bring along for all those times kids need to be happily occupied. Patsy from
    HeARTworks

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids would love this! I've made them several different color rolls, pencil/pad rolls, etc. and they are always wanting more. I'll have to try this one out. Adorable!
    Come Blog Hop with me
    terelauritsen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Super Cute :-) I adore handmade items. They're so original. I love homemade altogether!

    http://livingonhomemade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Give Miss Lily a big hug for us and let her know that big brother D had his tonsils and adenoids out last year and it was a breeze! He sends her best wishes and hopes she gets enough ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet present - I'm sure she'll love it! Thanks for linking up to Craftastic Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is adorable! My kids would LOVE this. What a great idea! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! You’ve got a great blog here. I host a linky party every Tuesday called Tot Tuesdays. I’ve love it if you’d stop by and link up your great ideas for tots!
    Cheers!
    Jenn
    http://www.mydeliciousambiguity.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so gorgeous! I know my little miss would love them. Hope the surgery goes well :)

    Popped over from Someday Crafts...

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are adorable!

    I'm hosting a blog party tomorrow and I'd love it if you linked up!
    http://www.iamalongfortheride.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a wonderful idea. Hope she does well with her surgery. This little book will certainly help pass the time.
    Take care,
    ~Karen~

    ReplyDelete
  11. really cute-- i bet it's a big hit. hi from tatertots + jello
    www.yesterdayontuesday.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for linking up to Saturday is Crafty Day at along for the ride!

    ReplyDelete
  13. very cute, what little girl wouldn't love one of those!
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for linking up to Tot Tuesdays! I love this idea. So much more practical than a crayon roll. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!