Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Eric Carle Butterflies


Patty over at Deep Space Sparkle has some wonderful Eric Carle inspired art ideas and lesson plans. 

Our whole family has a love affair with Eric Carle illustrations.  You may recall the lacing cards I posted about based on the Very Busy Spider book. 

Both my sister and I tried out Deep Space Sparkle's Eric Carle butterfly project with our little ones.

No two butterflies are the same.

 
  
 
Now Miss Lily's turn



Big sister showing little sister how it is done.


I may have to adapt this project for Brown Bears.  I have read Brown Bear, Brown Bear and Baby Bear, Baby Bear, each at least once a day for the past ten days.  It is on little Hopie's "list" right now.

Brown Bear, Brown Bear what do you see...I see some butterflies flapping at me... have a lovely day and as always thanks for stopping by,

Update: This post is linked to the World Wide Classroom's Bookshare, stop by and see all the other literacy projects

2 comments:

  1. hi KJ, thanks for visiting and leaving such a sweet comment! One other Canadian blog I follow is http://luckyandblissful.blogspot.com/
    she lives in TO. as well! enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! The kids did so well.
    Thanks for letting me know about your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!