Thursday, May 13, 2010

Cars Bunting

I have noticed that the mainstream fabric shops are stocking more and more licensed prints.
(Mock Smock cotton print via Joann's)

I have a funny relationship with licensed children's prints. Sometimes, I sew to get away from all of the licensed gear.   However, now and again, it's nice to make a project using licensed fabric because your child expresses so much joy and enthusiasm.  My girls just don't get excited over gingham, but if you show the little one Dora....

Here is an example of a project using a licensed Cars print.

(Via Joann's)

My sister made this "I love cars" bunting as a birthday gift for a 3 year old little boy.


I think it turned out great and is a nice use for the fabric.  No curtains, no bed spread, just a little touch.

There are a couple of other options out there as well.  I like these ones.

(Via Heartwood Crafts)  I love Fillmore!

("Cars" - McQueen & Mater Allover Tan via Kidsfabrics.com)

Lightning McQueen: I create feelings in
others that they themselves don't understand.
Enough said.  Have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. What a great way to make Disney feel homemade! Great bunting mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to remember that one! AJ did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently scored the "I Love Filmore" fabric at Fabricland! I bought one metre, but hadn't decided what to do with it. Now you've given me an idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The banner is very cute. Good idea.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!