Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Busy Hands: Fine Motor Lock Board


My sister made this "fine motor lock board" for her 3 year old.   I haven't seen one of these before, so I thought I would share it.

She purchased two cupboard doors from IKEA in the As-Is section and the hardware is from Home Depot.

The hardware is adhered to the door using screws and bulldog construction adhesive.

Result: busy hands and nothing is safe again.



Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely day!





Update: this post is linke to Delicious Ambiguity's Fine Motor Idea Box if you are visiting thank you!!!

Be sure to check out all the great projects for tots at



This one is also linked to


Thursday at House of Hepworths

Wednesday at Me and My Bucket




Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. Great idea! My mummy mind thinks about all the locks they'll be able to open now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids would love this. I thought the same thing as CraftyMummy though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an awesome idea! I was wondering if I could feature this idea on my blog www.littlelearners.georgia.com? Could you email me and let me know if it is okay to use the first picture? I will of course link back to your blog.

    thanks! Vanessa

    mysillyeagle@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dad made something like this for us when we were kids. It hung on an out-of-the-way wall near the kitchen, down at our level. He even installed a switch that made a buzzing noise. The thing kept us occupied while my mom made dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here's the link where I featured your idea!

    http://littlelearners.georgia.com/2010/05/20/diy-latches-board-for-kids/

    Thanks again for letting me use the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this is great! My kids would LOVE it...and then escape out the front door when I'm not looking ;) Thanks for sharing!!
    -Mags

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun idea. I need to remember that one.

    Thanks for linking up to Saturday is Crafty Day at along for the ride!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great idea for busy little fingers, I know how they love to twiddle and undo things. When my son was a toddler, laying in his cot, he undid one of the wing nuts holding it together (and promptly ate it - never did find that wing nut)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this idea. Wish I owned some power tools so I could whip one up.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!