Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Tea Rose Home's Tank Top Refashion

Did you see Sachiko of Tea Rose Home's post on how to refashion a girl's tank top into a tunic?   Take a look!  (I love her refashioning ideas, I have posted about them before here).

My girls are blessed to receive plenty of hand-me-downs from friends and neighbours, but sometimes they are a little more than "gently worn." I have a stack of girls' tanks which fit this category.

Case in point (size 5/6 Children's Place tank):


I followed Sachiko's tutorial to repurpose the above tank into a tunic.

Here is my attempt.

Made someone happy.  That's why I sew.


Have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. So Cute! Your daugther look so adorable too.

    Thank you so much for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! Thanks for the inspiration! We get a ton of hand-me-downs too, and it is nice to finally have an idea of how to make some of the things *new* again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable KJ! Makes me wish I had girls so I could sew them these tunics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. THAT is a great refashion! Absolutely darling!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!