Friday, April 9, 2010

Pottery Barn Kids Knockoff : Bow Tie Pasta

This a follow up to my felt pasta project (recall the ravioli)?

For our weekly "sew and share", my pal N bought these felt goodies into the office. 

(I apologize the photo is a little fuzzy I had not had my coffee yet)

The N pal recently spotted this gem at Pottery Barn Kids (no longer available online, but that doesn't matter because you can make it yourself!).

(Image via Pottery Barn)

So I got to work. I cut out 2 inch by 1.5 inch rectangles in off white craft felt.  I pinked the short sides and kept the long side straight.  Here is the knock off.  The small stainless colander was scored at Value Village for $3.99.

Treasure for Tots has a tutorial for making felt bow tie pasta, here.  I modified the Treasures tutorial slightly.  I used a combination of glue (on top) and hand stitching (on the back).


Someday hungry kids all over the world are going to thank me! 

Have a wonderful weekend! 

If you are in the Toronto area, the Home Depot Kids Workshop is on Saturday morning - a butterfly house!

1 comment:

  1. Great post KJ! My kids tried eating the pasta it looked so real!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!