Friday, April 23, 2010

The Kite's last Earth Week Stop: KJ's Vinyl Stash

(My sister's class put together the above mural, clouds of out of newspaper and daffodils from egg cartons. Love it.)

 I hope you have enjoyed Earth Week with the Kite.  To conclude the week, I will leave you with a confession.   I hoard vinyl. 

(Image via KJ's Vinyl Stash)

When I saw this tutorial for making luggage tags on Sew4Home (which is quickly becoming a favourite site), I thought it would be a perfect use for my vinyl stash.

I used scraps leftover from these men's shirts (I will post about a men's shirt refashion in a future post).


to make these luggage tags.

(battered carry-on image via KJ's basement)

Easy peasy. Now my only concern is whether that paid for trip to Iceland and Norway is a bust.

If you don't want to make your own luggage tags, stop by KLM and you can design your own photo luggage tags. Not only that they will mail them to you for free!  What a terrific gift for yourself or a special someone. Act quick, last time I checked there were only about 36,000 tags left!

Thanks again for sharing Earth Week with the Kite.  I hope you enjoyed this week's flight. 

Be sure to check out all the great projects at Along for the Ride



1 comment:

  1. What cute luggage tags. Pretty fabric.

    Thanks for linking up to Saturday is Crafty Day @ along for the ride! Hope to see you back next week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!