Saturday, April 24, 2010

In InStyle - Make your own chalkboard labels

This is a follow up to my Eco Craft Organization post.  Coincidentally, I came across this at page 323 of the May InStyle and I wanted to share it with you.  I couldn't find a link online, so I scanned the actual magazine page (this is the first time I ever used my scanner and it worked after - only - three attempts!).


Basically, the designers used the same technique as I did (foam brush), but they applied a thin coat of primer first (I tried primer, but found it it didn't make too much of a difference with the product I was using).  The InStyle team applied the labels in a different spot and more free form. I really like the look.

Chalkboard Paint: Pea Pod and Periwinkle (Rust-Oleum chalkboard tint base)

Have a great day,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!