Monday, April 19, 2010

Eco Craft Organization

If you are visiting from Funky Junk's Link Party #64 welcome!!!


The inspiration for this project came from:
1. a post by Seleta on how she made an eco craft center for her kids using old jam jars; and a
2. a post by Junk Mammas on how they used chalkboard paint to label sundry pantry items.
3. a nagging stash of jars, cans, and various vessels with lids. 

I cleaned up some of the jars (the White Linen Marinara Sauce jars were all the same size) and created some chalkboard paint "labels" using Plaid's red Chalkboard Paint.

I Modge Podged the top of each jar with some pretty paper (Tangerine Stripes from Treehouse Designs).



and used an Uchida Bistro Chalk Marker to label each jar.
(Image via Village Supplies)

Here is the final product

I plan on making more (because they are desperately needed). 

I am really pleased with the way this project turned out.

That's the scoop! Happy Monday!  I hope to have a couple of other re-purposing posts this week.

Update:  Check out Someday Craft's Categorically Crafting on Jars and Bottles, here
_____________________
As always, be sure to check out all the great projects at Soft Place to Land, Between Naps on the Porch and Skip to my Lou and Until Wednesday Calls!




DIY Day @ ASPTL


 

18 comments:

  1. This is wonderful. I love the bistro marker idea! I am hosting a 'green' link even today and would love to see this linked up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great! Thanks for stopping by Melissa! I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute idea! I am filing it away in the brain.

    Scribbler
    http://scribbler-unfocused.typepad.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this. I used jars on old shutters, check it out here http://judysturman.typepad.com/in_his_grip/2010/03/old-shutter-to-supply-holder.html but I did not label them. I like the way these look. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love the red chalkboard paint and I love labeling everything in sight. This is a great idea! I think the chalk markers are really spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it KJ. I've been saving pasta sauce jars too, and now you've inspired me to put them to good use.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very classy way to use old jars and create beautiful storage!
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look GREAT! Love the red!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a great idea. Never seen red chalkboard paint. Where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for all the feedback! Joselyn, in Canada, Plaid's Red Chalkboard Paint is carried by Deserres.

    I found this link through artist supplies
    http://www.artistsclub.com/paints/paints_display.cfm?id=3570

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great idea!! It looks so organized!

    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  12. love them! where did you get the chalk board marker? hope all is well, will try to stop by the office now that Andrew is getting old enough to brave the ttc.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are so cute! I am featuring them at somedaycrafts.blogspot.com. I need some of these for my craft room!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i enjoy this subject... i blogged the month of Nov about repurposing jars ~ one thing i did was spray paint jar lids with chalkboard paint, so jars could be labeled with chalk on the lids :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like this cute little jar work.. It was very nice pattern to share and enjoy.. http://www.vivamagonline.com/index.php Its very interesting and im gonna share with my friends.. Thanks you for hosting...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!