Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Irish Blessings


(My shamrock, no four leafs)

Once again, the day job has collided with being a creative mum.  I am afraid I have no project to report  and only a short post for you {all 13 readers}  today. 

I will start out with a traditional Irish blessing.  On our wedding day, Mr. KJ gave me a framed gaelic house blessing. It is dear to my heart. 

Old Gaelic House Blessing
May you always be blessed with walls for the wind,
A roof for the rain, a warm cup of tea by the fire,
Laughter to cheer you, those you love near you
And all that your heart might desire.

St. Patrick's Day is a big deal in our house. Good food, drink and a jig or two. Mr. KJ will be playing a few Irish jigs at the pre-school this afternoon. Always lots of fun..

We will start the day off with Irish oats (Miss Lily likes it with a wee drab of Maple Syrup)



You may be interested in this great slow-cooker post from Seleta on how to make hotel smooth oatmeal.  It works, I tried it.

If you don't do the porridge thing, you might try this



For snack we will do this 



and I have just peeled the last red pearl onion for our special Irish stew which has carrots, pearl barley, and a wee drab of this


(1930 ad, via Guiness)
May the wind always be at your back,

 

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!