Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Hop into Spring Bunting

I made this bunting for my sister's family for Easter.



I didn't need to buy anything for it.  Just used what I had on hand. The problem with many projects is the shopping. It takes up too much time.  It's nice when you are able to use what you have already.  I cut the letters (very carefully) out of craft felt and applied them with Fabritac (I love that stuff!).


As for the inspiration, I was recently drooling over, I mean reacquainted with, Jennifer Pagniolli of Sis Bloom's blog and really liked the rectangle banners featured on her site, like this one.  Someday I would like to make a birthday banner, here

P.S. Jennifer has a number of great tutorials. Her frayed rosettes are on my to-do list.  You can download the rosettes tutorial, here.  The potential for an Anthro necklace knockoff should be obvious!

Have a lovely day and be sure to check out all the projects at Made by You Monday



and Blue Cricket's Show and Tell Wednesday

Show and Tell Green

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out..we so appreciate it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks tiny - is it miniature size? I love the idea of a mini one. So fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. absolutely adorable! great job! I dropped in from Blue Cricket. Hope to see you back at my place soon! until later...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lei - yes, it turned out mini (only about 2 by 3). It wasn't intentional, but in the end I think it worked!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!