Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Chunkie Chewy Blondie Bars


I posted about the Bite Me cookbook here.

Mr. KJ loves Blondies (the desert - I am a brunette).

I have made this recipe three times.

He is one happy man.

This recipe calls for milk chocolate chunks.  It is a great use for all of that milk chocolate valentine candy you no longer desire.  If you like coconut, feel free to add some.

2 cups flour
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
2 cups packed brown sugar
3/4 cup softened butter
2 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups semi sweet or milk chocolate chunks

1. Preheat oven to 350 F ; coat a 9X13 pan with nonstick cooking spray (I use a parchment sleeve)
2. In small bowl, stir together flour, salt, and baking soda
3. In your large bowl and using an electric mixer, cream together brown sugar and butter until light and fluffy
4. Beat in eggs and vanilla, adding one egg at a time
5. Now add flour mixture and chocolate chunks to the mixer, mixing on low speed until flour disappears
6. Spread batter evenly in the prepared pan
7. Bake 25 minutes or until lightly browned (in my gas oven, it is closer to 30 minutes) let cool 20 minutes in the pan before removing
Cut into bars - makes about 2 dozen





1 comment:

  1. yum--I've printed your recipe off to make tomorrow! Big hugs, miss you too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!